Types of Warehouse Storage Systems
- January 20, 2019
- Mezzanine, Pallet Racks, Types of Warehouse Storage Systems, Warehouse Storage
- Posted by Custom Material Handling
- Leave your thoughts
Are you searching Google for “types of warehouse storage systems”? If so, Custom Material Handling can help! Call us today at and see what Custom Material Handling can do for you. Contact us today and get started on what type of warehouse storage system best suits your needs. You can also reach us by phone by calling 480-829-7232.
Types of Warehouse Storage Systems
Read below about the different types of warehouse storage systems available:
Industrial shelving allows inventory to be clearly categorized for easy identification and recovery. Industrial shelving can be designed for very particular storage requirements pertaining to your industry.
Industrial Boltless Shelving
Industrial boltless shelving is just that, boltless. Boltless shelving is customizable shelving systems allowing for assembly and disassembly to suit your individual warehouse needs
New & used pallet racking come in different types but are not limited to roll form, structural, drive-in, drive through, pallet flow, and package flow.
- New Pallet Racking – Most are covered under warranty, meet safety requirements for larger companies, and gives you the knowledge of the precise capacities for your racking system in your warehouse.
- Used Pallet Racking – Used pallet racks cost less than new systems, installation is faster and easier, a consistent stockpile readily available for your application.
- High-Bay Racking – Racking with racks fixed to the walls and roof for higher storage, a fully automated retrieval system is commonly involved.
- Coil Racking – You might have seen this used to store cables and chains in construction and DIY stores, it’s a system of spooling coils, allowing lengths to be cut to specified sizes.
- Mobile Racking – Racking with sensors for automated retrieval.
- Push Back Racking – Racking with deeper aisles so that merchandise or stock can be ‘pushed’ further into the rack.
- Vertical Racking – Upright storage for long stock, secured by metal arms. Stock is generally stored separately for easier access.
- Carton Live Racking/ Carton Flow Storage – bays with gradients and roller tracks, so that stock can roll down and be replaced. Better for smaller, unboxed or unpackaged stock, therefore the name.
- Drive-In Racking – Pallets placed so that they can slide back on a rail, ideal for creating more space.
- Narrow Aisle Racking – A narrower system for increased storage, recently forklifts have been designed which can work more efficiently in these systems.
- Double Deep Racking – Pallets stored two rows deep, requires a specialized forklift or a double deep handling attachment.
- Pallet Live Racking – Racking that has inclined rollers, also known as “gravity flow racking”.
- Shuttle Racking – A shuttle is built-in shelving system which places the pallets to the back of the aisle.
- Drive-Through Racking – The same as drive-in racking, but goods can be accessed from both sides instead of one.
Cantilever Racking Systems allow for long, flat, or over-sized products such as steel stock and lumber. Typically cantilever racks have no front columns to interfere with inventory access. The lack of columns allows you to save horizontal space in your warehouse typically lost by common pallet racks.
Industrial mezzanines create new areas for manufacturing, storage, and offices. Mezzanines can include security cages, gates, special stair options, vertical lifts and even custom lighting. Mezzanines allow you to gain the space you need without incurring the cost of new building construction or even moving to a new facility.
Warehouse Storage Systems in Phoenix
If you have a business in the Phoenix area and need better storage system for your warehouse we offer different types that can make the storage and access of your raw materials and products safer, easier, and quicker. Custom Material Handling offers different types of warehouse storage systems including: industrial shelving, industrial boltless shelving, new pallet racks, used pallet racks, cantilever racking, and mezzanines in Phoenix Arizona. We can help choose the best storage system for your warehouse storage needs. If you need to have questions about what Custom Material Handling can do for you, please call 480-829-7232.